Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Welcome

Hello all.

I just noticed that the facebook group tripled in size (5 to 15) and I wasn't sure how many of you have come to this site only to find it completely empty. Sorry about that. The reason there isn't much on the site right now (beyond me being terrible with computers) is I am still working to develop what kind of club the Contra Costa Young Dems will be. I'd love to have your input on that. Should we be a social club for young activists to just hang out, a club that gets democratic speakers, a club that organizes actual action events (precinct walking, phone banking, voter registration, etc. etc.), or a combination of all three. Also, where should the club be centered? I've limited it down pretty much to Concord or Walnut Creek. I figure that there is more to do in Walnut Creek before and after meetings and I personally am more familiar with it but Concord is the real center of Contra Costa County and has DVC which will hopefully produce quite a few members. Please, give me your opinion on this stuff or anything else. CCCYD is just as much yours as it is mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we should definitely be a combo of all three, to what ever extent is possible. also, could you put me on the model UN mailing list and website? thanks.